Hirsutism is more common as a result from a male hormone called Androgen. Up to 20% of women suffer from a condition called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). This can create facial and body (coarse) hair more than normal and at times, be a lot darker. It is also a signal of underlying Androgens.
It’s inherited through your genes, but generally becomes a problem when reaching puberty. I say all as males get affected by this also. It is when terminal (coarse) hair growth becomes noticeable. The medical term is Andrenarche (early stages of sexual maturity) and advances after puberty.
Lowering your Androgen levels helps but unfortunately, when you become &/or are hormonal. This is when you will need medical help. Weight loss can help which you can do at home. You can also shave, wax, or use another form of hair removal which also helps clearing up your problem. But again, this solution does not help everyone.
Another common condition is due to sugar which affects your insulin levels. You are able to treat this yourself at home by following a low-carb diet or watch your food intake. Rather than dieting alone, you can add Cinnamon to foods and drinks.
Some of the treatments available are:
* hormone suppression such as the oral contraceptive pill
* peripheral androgen blockade such as Aldactone (Spironolactone)
* destruction of your hair follicle using electrolysis.
Some may even suggest Laser. Unless you treat the underlying issue and cause, I would be suggest waxing &/or epilating.
Gonadotrophin Releasing Hormone
Gonadotrophin Releasing Hormone (GnRH) may be a potential treatment for hirsutism. The most common GnRH agonists used are leuprolide acetate, buserelin and decapeptyl. GnRH are drugs that decrease ovarian steroid production. GnRH may help if ovarian hyperandrogenism (too much androgen produced by the ovaries) is a problem.
One of the common prescribed drugs for hair removal is Eflornithine (Vaniqa). It’s a topical drug prescribed to treat unwanted facial hair in women it could work in men too. The mechanism of action for eflornithine is reduction in follicular cell growth rate. Laser photoepilation heats hair and adjacent tissues to suspend growth.
Related: Prescription Oral Medications
Definition of Alzheimer’s Disease:
A degenerative brain disease of a no known cause is the most common form of dementia. It usually starts in late middle age or in old age. It results in progressive memory loss.
These include: impaired thinking, disorientation and changes in personality & mood. The historic marking are by the degeneration of brain neurons. Note: cerebral cortex & by presence of neurofibrillary tangles and plaques containing beta-amyloid.
Midlife or middle age, is a normal developmental life stage. Also refers to those aged between 40 and 65.
Later life or old age, is a normal developmental life stage. It refers to those aged 60-65 and older.
Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) is a generally defined as impairment in cognitive abilities greater than expected for age,which does not interfere with daily life and is not severe enough to warrant a diagnosis of dementia. Some experience increased difficulty in daily activities yet still able to function.
Some common diseases also lack adequate treatment. Alzheimer’s affects approximately 5 million people in the US and that over 320,000 Australians are living with dementia. Without a significant medical breakthrough, this is to increase to around 900,000 by 2050.
While approximately 1 in 11 people over the age of 65 have dementia, a further 1 in 5 have mild cognitive impairment. This is likely to increase the risk of progressing to dementia.
It is not yet understood and that the medicines that are available to treat Alzheimer’s are not very effective.
Arthritis, which refers to more than 100 diseases and conditions that affect the joints, affects more than 50 million people in the US. While there are many medicines approved for the treatment of arthritis, the disease continues to cause a lot of pain and disability.
Related: Dementia Australia and Alzheimer’s Association USA
We all know what wipes are and most would associate them with cleaning a babies bum. Then there are the others which are Wet wipes, Medicated wipes and Feminine wipes so, yes, there is quite a range.
More so, the burning question is . . . Are they biodegradable and can men use them?
Wet wipes can be useful as toilet paper? You’re asking how or why? Some toilet papers do have a scent which may cause you to have an allergic reaction to the chemicals used.
It would be also of beneficial use if our Hospitals would be able to look into an alternative rather than toilet paper. This would be quicker in some aspects and a cheaper alternative in buying in bulk?
Here are some of the brands which I have come across which you may consider using:
- Deodorizing Body Wipes 100% Pure Bamboo with Tea Tree Oil, Individually Wrapped Biodegradable Shower Wipes, Extra Large 10 x10 inches (30 Pack) – (1) Made in the USA and 100% Bamboo. Extra large body wipes for women and men designed to cleanse and refresh your face and body when you cannot bathe or shower. (2) Only one shower wipe needed, these moist towels are adult size, extra large, and durable so they won’t rip or tear. (3) Enriched with tea tree extract, aloe vera, chamomile, and anti bacteria fighting oils to moisturise and protect your skin. (4) Disposable and biodegradable, made out of all natural, bamboo that is biodegradable in 27 days
Also comes in a FULL SET – Manscaped Perfect Package 2.0 Kit Contains: Electric Trimmer, Ball Deodorant, Body Wash, Performance Spray-on-body Toner, Double Edged Straight Razor, Five Piece Nail Kit, Luxury Bag, Shaving Mats
Men need some tough love and who is better at giving this to him other than you?
Here are some gifts for him to use and I know will use, regardless if he is at home, in the office or away on business, he will always be thinking of you!
I have put a small list together, whether is for Christmas, Birthday, a Gift or a Thank You to someone. I have also tried to cater for all costs also, so please check the pricing on some of the items I have selected in case this is over your budget.
Brickell Men’s Daily Essential Face Care Routine I – Gel Facial Cleanser Wash & Face Moisturizer Lotion – Natural & Organic (Scented)
About the product:
- This men’s skin care set contains the two best skin care products for men to cleanse the face of oil and impurities, leaving it hydrated and shine-free.
- Men of any age with normal to oily type skin. If you have more dry, sensitive skin then try using the Daily Essential Face Care Routine II.
- Brickell creates skincare and grooming products for men using natural & certified organic ingredients
Facial Fuel Energizing Scrub Skin Buffer for Men
About the product:
- Facial Fuel Energizing Scrub Skin Buffer for Men
Beard Grooming & Trimming Kit for Men Care – Beard Brush, Beard Comb, Unscented Beard Oil Leave-in Conditioner, Mustache & Beard Balm Butter Wax, Barber Scissors for stocking, Shaping, Growth Gift Set
About the product:
- NATURAL PURE & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS – Argan oil, Jojoba oil and Vitamin E oil are main ingredients.
- These unscented leave-in conditioner beard oil (1.7 fl.oz / 50ml) and beard balm (2.12 oz / 60ml) wax, both have the perfect formula. It keeps your facial hair and skin hydrated, moisturized, silky soft, healthy and groomed during a long day.
- 100% BOAR BRISTLE BEARD BRUSH. Each wooden comb is hand-made. Thick fine tooth finish that can get through any hair or beard.
- PERFECT GIFT SET includes: Beard oil, balm and wax. Beard conditioner, oil and balm kit. Beard butter, brush, comb, brush and comb kit. Beard care kit, barber beard scissors, fragrance free, bread accessories and tools.
TRAVANDO Money Clip Wallet”RIO” – Mens Wallets slim Front Pocket RFID Blocking Card Holder Minimalist Mini Bifold Gift Box
About the product:
- FUNCTIONAL & SLIM – Travando’s Wallet offers 7 card pockets: 1 easy-access front pocket and 6 inner pockets. The slim wallet is ideal for carrying business cards, credit and debit cards, bills etc. The outside notch allows you to push out the cards.
- INDUSTRY-TESTED SECURITY – Our wallets block the 13.56 MHz band and protect against data theft by RFID scanners.
Vetelli Hanging Toiletry Bag for Men – Dopp Kit/Travel Accessories Bag/Great Gift
About the product:
- TIMELESS DESIGN – This men’s toiletry bag radiates luxury. Designed & patented by Vetelli’s Italian designers, the hanging toiletry kit stands out in a crowd of boring nylon bags.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS – The Vetelli Dopp Kit is made of high grade PU leather, which is easy to clean and water resistant. The bag interior combines PU leather with canvas lining. Stainless steel zips and buckles secure your belongings.
- HANG OR LAY FLAT – Can be used as a hanging toiletry bag or as a flat-lying Dopp kit / travel accessories bag.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE – Vetelli mens toiletry bags are backed up by a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee
Using wipes is a major concern for our environment but not here in Australian but in almost all parts of the World. The products listed are not only friendly and biodegradable to our environment ever where but more so gentle on sensitive skin.
Ultra Sensitive Baby Wipes are ideal for sensitive and eczema prone skin as well as using them to clean your private parts and groin area too. Made from natural vegetable or plant extracts means that they are eco friendly and not using any harsh chemicals.
Another item to mention are Gel Wipes. These are the flushable alternative to Wet Wipes. Again, tested on sensitive skin, friendly to our environment and are up to 300 wipes per bottle.
Skin irritation can become quite painfull, becoming red, itchy and develop pustules.
Some of the common causes are:
- build up of sweat
- excess rubbing to the area through excessive exercising or during sex
- lubricants, condoms or spermicides
- infection due to not cleaning thoroughly
or in extreme cases:
- eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis
- scabies or pubic lice
If you shave or wax, you would be able to somewhat remove this problem. If you are reluctant to shave or wax, another alternative is to trim your pubic hair area?
Tinea is another fungal skin infection. It occurs due to skin contact and which areas are moist or damp. The most common areas are feet, particular between toes, groin and at times, under the breast area.
Something worth noting is to dry yourself properly and all over thoroughly.
When it comes to men’s health, personal hygiene should be the key yet someone, this gets neglected. Let’s go over some basic hygiene areas:
Successful men are to look the part. Well cut hair, Suit, a Tie, Polished Shoes etc and of course, let us not forget the infamous “Belt &/or Cufflinks”!
- How about flossing or brushing teeth? Floss daily so you don’t have left over food hanging between your teeth. By the way, if it makes you feel any better, we have to do it also.
- Change underwear? Honestly, if you don’t have any, don’t wear them!!! Better to wear nothing than them smelling . . . By the way, wearing nothing feels way better! Give it a try and don’t be shy
- Have a shower! You can also brush you teeth in there whilst your at it!
- Shave! If you don’t want to shave, try waxing or better still epilating. 2 minutes, honesty . . . you won’t know yourself! If interested, I have even posted my link aboutepilating and aboutwaxing – full of information. If you have any questions, you can also leave some comments below.
Some touch up points:
Nose hair or moustache: A noise and ear trimmer are good however waxing or epilating will achieve much quicker results.
Acne and Blackheads: this is NOT a hygiene issue. It does affect men, but women also so don’t despair. It could also be hormonal or letting yourself become more prone to blocked pores.
Glycerin soap is very mild and gentle on the skin. It helps in relieving symptoms of certain disorders. Glycerin soap can be a very good cleanser for your face. It also helps to get rid of the extra oils and dirt that clogs your skin. It is also effective for acne prone skin and helps keep the acne away.
The best way in dealing with this is to use a facial scrub twice a week. I have suggested a few products below:
St. Ives Gentle Smoothing Face Scrub and Mask OR MARLOWE. No. 102 Men’s Body Scrub Soap
If trying to find a certain product containing salicylic acid, then try:
SAL3 Salicylic Acid Sulfur Soap Bar
Related: Facial Hair Removal Guide
The vitamin A derivative can be effective at treating acne.
What it doesn’t mean because you are using it that you can expect lines and spot to disappear overnight. Most people do!
The long term benefit of using retinal A is a GRADUAL approach to prevent irritation and dryness. It is also more suitable for people with sensitive skin.
But first, some essential information . . .
Retinol is making its way into almost every skincare product, including makeup. Retinol is a product to use at night and NEVER during the day. This is one fact that companies fail to mention.
Tretinoin is a prescription Vitamin A derivative. Tretinoin uses:
- decreases fine lines
- evens skin color
- improves texture
- tightens pores
- stimulates blood flow; and
- collagen production.
There are quite a few people who CANNOT tolerate tretinoin because it can be very irritating and drying.
Retinol is milder and is an over the counter product where as Tretinoin is on prescription only.
While the results may not be as dramatic, most people tolerate it well. Like tretinoin, retinol encourages skin cell turnover. This new skin is delicate, should NOT bare sun exposure and why it is in products intended for night use only.
Another fact with retinol is in products such as cleansers that label “anti-ageing”. It is a waste of money & not on the skin long enough to work.
A good rule of thumb: never buy a product with an SPF number and retinol in its list of ingredients. The two (2) don’t make a good combination.
Related: Couples Sex Life Transformed
Related: Everything you need to know about Vitamin A